Topic: Generate export file from SQL datbasae
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 14, 2012 11:20 PM by: ross

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  
prasad41

Generate export file from SQL datbasae
Posted: Jul 13, 2012 4:52 PM

Hi,

We deleted respones from a Production survey by mistake and we try to restore the production backup datbase file in to TEST environment i am getting some SQL errors.
I want to know following things
-Is it possible to point my TEST Opinio app to new databse i created from production database file? Both apps runing on same version 6.5, database SQL 2000. I want to know why my databas is not loading on TEST opinio environment.
-Is it possible to create a export file using SQL statement? If YES please send me SQL statement
-Is it possible to create a report with responses using a SQL statement? If YES please send me SQL statement

Thanks In advance
Prasad

ross

Re: Generate export file from SQL datbasae
Posted: Aug 14, 2012 7:20 PM

Hi Prasad-

It is certainly possible to extract your data using SQL though it is complex as there are many tables associated with the Opinio database. We use SQL code in SAS to do this very thing. They have made changes to the raw data export since we started doing it this way but it works so we have continued to do this on the back-end to extract the data for reporting purposes. Here is a link to a forum response that details this process somewhat.

http://support.objectplanet.com/forum/thread.jspa?forumID=8&threadID=3190&messageID=10998#10998

You will basically have to code this yourself though it could be possible to post our code (even though it is from SAS it is SQL code). You should be able to find the data dictionary in the support materials and then go from there. All invitees, questions and responses are kept separately by type (rating, multiple choice, matrix, etc.). Some are more complex than others especially if you have matrix questions.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361