Customer login  |   Contact us
Home Company Products Support Purchase
Forum Home » Survey software » Opinio

Topic: Could Browser Update Cause Max Character limitation?
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  
Kevin

Could Browser Update Cause Max Character limitation?
Posted: May 13, 2011 10:20 PM

We have a real problem that could be related to recent browser updates, first noticed in Firefox and confirmed to be taking place in IE, Safari, Chrome, etc.

We're using Enterprise 6.2.2.

I created a survey a couple of weeks ago that allowed users to enter unlimited text in the open-ended question fields. The individual reports demonstrate that in the first week, respondents were able to provide unlimited comments.

On Monday, we received a call that comments were not being allowed past a certain limit.

Now, when choosing open-ended questions, the Max Character field is grayed out and a limit of 250 characters is in place and not changeable in any way!

I've even gone back to older surveys and when previewing them, get the same limitation, even when we know this was not in place before.

We have not made any changes to the settings in Opinio or to the server that would seem to be responsible for this. Is anyone else now experiencing the same problem?

Any ideas for immediate solutions?

We did try using the plug-in provided in the Forum conversation below this one, but to no success.

We have another survey now past its launch date because we cannot seem to find a way to get around the max character limit in place.

Any immediate help would be greatly appreciated!

kanuch

Re: Could Browser Update Cause Max Character limitation?
Posted: Jun 13, 2011 10:07 PM

Kevin,

Did you get help to your problem? I'm having the same problem. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Michelle

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361