Replies: 5   Pages: 1  
melkiades

Answers submitted but not stored - weird problem
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 5:45 AM

Hi there,

(Using Opinio 6)

I gave this address to a client to fill out a survey that looks like this:

http://opinio/survey/s?s=438&tr=36642

I have no idea how I got that URL because when I go into the survey setup, it shows address instead:

http://opinio/survey/s?s=438

Now people are using the first URL above, they are submitting their answers, they go through the survey fine and get to the thank you page, but we aren't seeing any answers in the survey.

I couldn't find anything about the "tr=" parameter in the Opinio Documentation.

Do you know what happened and if I could trace those answers somehow? I tried looking in the database and couldn't find them but there are many tables with answers. The survey page in the backend shows 0 answers...

Thank you,
alain

Eivind Pedersen

Re: Answers submitted but not stored - weird problem
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 1:02 PM

Hello Alain,

The "tr" parameter means "test response". It should only be used when previewing the survey.

Most likely you have found the link with the "tr" parameter from the preview survey page. It is not visible if you use Internet Explorer, but in Firefox it is shown in the address field.

The responses are unfortunately lost, since they are not stored in the database when the "tr" parameter is used.

Best regards,
Eivind Pedersen
ObjectPlanet, Inc.

melkiades

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 5:00 AM

Thank you Eivind for your kind response. By the way I had enabled tracking on that message but wasn't warned by your system that a reply to my message had been submitted. You may want to check this.

Cheers,
Alain

melkiades

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 5:11 AM

I figured out why I never got an email update from the system after your post. Cheers. Alain

Tuner

Posted: Nov 21, 2011 3:03 PM

I did the same mistake!!! I desperately need to retrieve the data submitted in "tr" links.
Please HELP!

Simon

Posted: May 29, 2012 1:53 PM

Is using the "tr" link the best way to test the survey?

I frequently get asked by a client to give them a link so that they can see the survey in operation. I have to thus set up a temporary invitee (we use access by invitation only), issue them the link and then delete both their responses and the temporary invitee on completion of the test.

If it is the easiest solution, could the online documentation be modified to explain its use.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361