Forum Home » Network Probe

Topic: No Traffic Statistics
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Aug 6, 2009 8:03 PM by: raggedyedge

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Pages: 1  
raggedyedge

No Traffic Statistics
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 12:12 AM

Running on OpenSUSE 11.1. NIC eth0 has no IP and is connected to mirrored switch port, eth1 has a LAN ip.

In Firefox I see activity on the main page, but not on the Traffic Statistics page...just an empty Java applet box.

Possibly a related issue, if I try to run Client.jar, I do get the prompt for a login, but nothing beyond that.

I created some My Protocols Per Host (TCP port 80). I didn't see any traffic so used another machine on the LAN to visit the sites, but still see no indication of traffic in the My Protocols Per Host.

Our network has about 65 users. In Network Summary I see 191 hosts, 771 conversations, 35 protocols, and 132 cards.

Message was edited by: raggedyedge

raggedyedge

Re: No Traffic Statistics
Posted: Jul 31, 2009 12:52 AM

I tried starting netprobe with -noip eth0 and now I'm looking at a lot more activity on the main page, but still nothing on Traffic Statistics or the Traffic Log. Both spend a few minutes "Loading" and both end up with a blank Java Applet gray screen. I let it sit for several minutes but nothing displays.

raggedyedge

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 7:46 PM

I don't get traffic statistics on the Linux NetProbe machine with Firefox, but I do get the traffic stats when accessing the NetProbe machine from a Windows using IE, Safari or Firefox.

raggedyedge

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 7:54 PM

Loaded Opera on the Linux NetProbe machine at it displays the Traffic Stats fine.

Tried clearing the Firefox cache, but it still doesn't display Traffic Stats.

I'll just use Opera.

raggedyedge

Posted: Aug 6, 2009 8:03 PM

Ok, Opera will show the stats, but I can't access the Setup tab. Basically every window in setup displays and none respond. You can't close them. You can move or bring to the fore.

So I use Opera to view the Summary, Traffic Stats, and Traffic Log, but use Firefox to manipulate Setup.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361