Forum Home » Survey software » Opinio

Topic: Resend invitations to invitees with errors
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 26, 2009 8:58 PM by: torgeir

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  
catley

Resend invitations to invitees with errors
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 2:24 PM

Due to problems with my mail set up (See http://support.objectplanet.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=3635&tstart=0 ), only the first hundred or so of my invitees received a reminder when I tried to send it this morning. All the others switched to an error status. I temporarily "fixed" the mail set up (by opening up smtp port 25 to be less suspicious). However, there is no function to resend/remind only to the addresses with error status. A normal reminder would have resulted in the first hundred or so successful ones getting a second reminder.

Going through the pages of invitees by turn and clicking on each (BTW it would be nice to have at least a "select all" on each page for these check boxes for resend or delete ) is a bit of a pain! For anyone else in such a situation, when I got fed up of doing things slowly by hand, I used the mysql:

update OPS_Invitee set Status=0, SentDate=0 where InvitationId=2201 and Status=3;

to trick the database into thinking that these are new invitees and then used "send invites to new invitees".

One other thing which became really annoying when doing things by hand is that the reminder text is reset to the default each time. Would it be possible for this default to be the original invitation text or the saved invitation reminder text? That'd also save some clicks in such situations.
Thanks.

torgeir

Re: Resend invitations to invitees with errors
Posted: May 26, 2009 8:58 PM

I think I would simply export the invitees from the invitation with an error, and import these into a new invitation.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361