Forum Home » Survey software » Opinio

Topic: variable/question names
Replies: 4   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jul 31, 2011 4:42 AM by: Rpcvs

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Pages: 1  
jcullen

variable/question names
Posted: Aug 29, 2008 7:16 PM

I would like to give each survey question a unique variable name for when I export it into my stats software program. Having each question export with a heading of "question1" is not helpful for interpretation and I will be using the same survey with different audiences/samples over and over - So to recide the variable labels for each sample is timeconsuming, particulary when you start randomzing question order.

Is there a way to add custom unique question identifiers? The "custom question id" field I thought was going to support this but the unique label stored there does not get downloaded with the export, unless I'm doing something wrong?

Help!

millwood3

Re: variable/question names
Posted: Nov 4, 2008 10:23 PM

Can someone please respond to the previous post? I too am interested in generating my own variable names instead of xn. Thanks!

torgeir

Posted: Nov 5, 2008 3:16 PM

Hi,

This is currently not possible, but we have this at the top of our priority list. It is guaranteed to be included in the next major upgrade (spring 2009).

The custom question id is for integration purposes. For linking a question to some external application, database or plugin.

Best Regards,
Torgeir Lund
ObjectPlanet Inc.
www.objectplanet.com

lkjk

Posted: Aug 25, 2010 1:46 PM

Was this issue ever resolved? I've tried to do three different things in order to change the report headings from "Question1" to my variables names and still no luck. Please help!

Rpcvs

Posted: Jul 31, 2011 4:42 AM

Is it possible to label question on the survey , so that on the raw data report it does not show up as question 1, etc rather would be a customize number.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361