Forum Home » Survey software » Opinio

Topic: Data piping into invitations and dropdown menus
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Feb 21, 2008 12:07 PM by: Eivind Pedersen

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  
jalley

Data piping into invitations and dropdown menus
Posted: Feb 8, 2008 5:50 PM

My question is a possible feature request....

I have a spreadsheet with a bunch of columns for names. Let's say there are 20 columns dedicated each for a different name. Some invitations will have all 20 columns completed, while others may only a few names. The problem is that I have to pipe all 20 columns into the invitation, but if an invitation only has 5 names to insert they receive an invitation with the 5 names listed followed by the piping names. Example invitation:

Please complete the following survey repeatedly for each of the following names:

Jesse James
Billy Kidd
Clint Eastwood
John Wayne
Wyatt Earp
${Student6}
${Student7}
${Student8}
${Student9}
${Student10}
${Student11}
${Student12}
${Student13}
${Student14}
${Student15}
${Student16}
${Student17}
${Student18}
${Student19}
${Student20}

https://opinio.westerns.com/opinio/s?s=365&i=1981&k=u1fz&ro=

Is there any way not to populate the data piping fields if there is no data being piped through? This way, in this example, the list would only display 5 names within the list and place the URL after the last entry (not including the extra spaces for the 15 null values). I have the same question when piping into a dropdown menu so the dropdown menu is the length of the data while not including null data.

Thanks!

Eivind Pedersen

Re: Data piping into invitations and dropdown menus
Posted: Feb 21, 2008 12:07 PM

I got a confirmation from the developer team that this a bug that most likely will be fixed in version 6.0.6 of Opinio.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361