Customer login  |   Contact us
Home Company Products Support Purchase
Forum Home » Network Probe

Topic: Strange, very strange
Replies: 1   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 6, 2005 10:31 AM by: bjorn@objectplanet.com

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Replies: 1   Pages: 1  
MicCo

Strange, very strange
Posted: Apr 5, 2005 11:09 PM

Hey,

Is this some kind of sales or business trick.

BUY A LICENSE???

When I found this software on WebmasterFree.com it said that it was FREEWARE, and then coming to this page to read a little more about it, I was surprised a lot.

Look at this link:
http://www.webmasterfree.com/software/TCPIPNetworking-Tools/NetworkMonitoring/network_probe.html

What comes first to my mind is "scam", next what about keeping your advertisement clean, and help make the internet a serious place.

I just get mad about this kind of stuff, I do know that it cost money to develop software, I'm a coder my self, but all I ask is "Send the correct information about Your progs."

Best regards, see You in Cyberspace, or NOT!!

bjorn@objectplanet.com

Re: Strange, very strange
Posted: Apr 6, 2005 10:31 AM

Hi,

I understand you are upset, I would be upset to if I found a link to software I have been looking for, only to discover it was not free after all.

In the case of Network Probe, it was free for all to use until version 0.5, but at that point it's performance and memory usage was still not optimized the the where we were satisfied with it. That is the reason we are not offering version 0.5 anymore. Unfortunatly some of the old links advertising the free version has not been removed or updated.

Version 1.2 still gives you quite a lot of useful information for free.

I am terribly sorry about your being upset, it is far from intentional, but rather a natural consequence of the evolution of software.

Regards,
Bjorn J. Kvande
President
ObjectPlanet, Inc.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361