Forum Home » Survey software » Opinio

Topic: Pre-population and excluded questions
Replies: 2   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 26, 2009 8:37 PM by: torgeir

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Replies: 2   Pages: 1  
Simon

Pre-population and excluded questions
Posted: May 13, 2009 5:47 PM

I would like to automatically code where someone works when they log on to the survey but do not want to show this question to the respondent. However, I would like to be able to show the responses by work location using the reporting function. Is there any way I can achieve both these at the same time i.e. use the pre-populate option and hide a question.

I have tried using the new exclude option but this removes the question from both the respondent and the final report - the pre-population option is overridden.

I have tried using the standard branching option, making every possible option skip the work location question, but again the pre-population does not work.

Simon

Re: Pre-population and excluded questions
Posted: May 26, 2009 2:34 PM

Would it be possible to get a response to this?

Basically, is it possible to hide a question in the survey from respondents but still be able to pre-populate the question with responses and see the question responses using the reporting function.

torgeir

Re: Pre-population and excluded questions
Posted: May 26, 2009 8:37 PM

Opinio 6.2 allows prepopulation of question responses, but not yet hidden questions. This is planned for 6.3 - hopefully we'll be able to include it in this version.

A combination of these two features seems to be exactly what you need.

© 1998-2019 ObjectPlanet, Inc. Øvre Slottsgate 5, 0157 Oslo, Norway Tel (+47) 2233 3360 | Fax (+47) 2233 3361